Source: eBay Classifieds eBay Classifieds created a hot jobs map of the United States that shows which states in America are the best to find employment. Their reports show that 190,000 new jobs were created in February, and eBay Classifieds, who are all about helping peopleÂ find jobs, show where these are.
The research to create theÂ map looked at personal income per capita, unemployment rates, and crime rates in each state to determine which states have the most buoyant economies in this still very difficult economic climate. eBay Classifieds then researched the largest occupations and the fastest growing occupations in each state. It then found which cities had the largest median salary in each state to determine which industries were the best for finding a job.
- New Hampshire: New HampshireÂ has the lowest crime rates in the country, the 4th lowest unemployment rates, and the 9th highest personal income per capita, making it the most economically buoyant state in the country.
- New York: New York Cityâ€™s median salary,Â $64,535, is lower than 10 other statesâ€™ highest median salaries.
- Connecticut: ConnecticutÂ has the highest personal income per capita in the country, atÂ $56,556.
- Maryland: Fans of The Wire will be unsurprised to learn that although parts ofÂ MarylandÂ are very wealthy, the state has the 7th highest crime rates in the country.
- Rhode Island: Rhode IslandÂ has the 15th highest personal income per capita figures, as well as 18th lowest crime rates, but its high unemployment figures (46th) keep it in the middle of the pack.
- California: Sunnyvale, CA, has the highest median salary of all the statesâ€™ highest paying cities, butCaliforniaâ€™s high unemployment rates (12.9%, or 3.1% higher than the national average) means itâ€™s not as economically buoyant overall as other states.
- South Carolina: South CarolinaÂ has the fifth highest unemployment rates, the third highest crime rates, and the fourth lowest per capita income. Still, its city with the highest median income,Â Aiken, has a higher median income than 18 other statesâ€™.
About the research
Several figures were used to determine the economic status of each state. It is important to note that Washington, D.C.Â is not included in the infographic because certain figures were not available for the city.
Per Capita Personal Income: The seasonally adjusted personal income for each state was found in theÂ State Personal Income: Third Quarter 2010 report from the Bureau of Economic Analysis. That report detailed the personal income for each state, but to determine the PER CAPITA personal income, that number was divided by the estimated population in 2010, as reported in theÂ US Census Bureau report.
Crime Rates: The crime rates were from CQ Pressâ€™s rankings of states based on crime rates.
Industries with Largest Employment and Fastest Growing Occupations by State: Americaâ€™s Career InfoNetâ€™s CareerOneStop, which is sponsored by the US Department of Labor, outlines the top occupations and the fastest growing occupations in each state.
Average Median Salary: PayScale has the data about the highest average median salary in each state.
About eBay Inc.
Founded in 1995 inÂ San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) connects millions of buyers and sellers globally on a daily basis through eBay, the worldâ€™s largest online marketplace, and PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the worldâ€™s largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visitÂ www.ebayinc.com.
(0) Readers Comments
November 12, 2012
October 08, 2012
September 12, 2012
July 23, 2012
March 18, 2019
March 17, 2019
March 17, 2019
March 17, 2019
Oh boy...Your right we hate to hear this. You know why people in pain
Doesn't the 1.5 billion is spent a year give credence to its possitive
Many MS drugs cause PML and deaths too these drugs all need t
I knew him when he was breaking in at a couple of Los Angeles TV stati
Saying there is a 'twist' is the worst type of spoile