Mother’s Day is a time for showing your mum how important she is to you and how much you love her. You can lavish her with expensive gifts, but women — especially mothers — much prefer to be given something that is personal. Something you made yourself or put thought and effort into counts for much more with most females, Mums included.
So showing Mum how special she is to you need not be expensive, unless you really want to spend up big.
PriceGrabber.co.uk, a part of Experian, has put together this list of thrifty Mother’s Day shopping tips to help shoppers demonstrate their love for theur Mums — and do it without having to empty the piggy bank completely:
- Cut the cost of sweet treats – Make some homemade chocolates, fudges, cupcakes or biscuits instead of buying gourmet chocolate truffles.
- Comparison-shop for gifts – Comparison-shop for Mother’s Day gifts like perfume, clothing, accessories and books on sites like PriceGrabber.co.uk (http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/), which can help save consumers an average of 20 percent to 30 percent.
- Presentation is everything – Take the time to decorate gifts with ribbon and fancy tissue paper. Chic gift-wrap accessories can help an inexpensive gift look more luxurious.
- Card creativity – Make your own Mother’s Day card (such as the one pictured above), or use a free e-card web site to tell Mum just how special she is to you. Home-made cards are much more personal and are guaranteed a special place on her shelf.
- Avoid the restaurant lunch mayhem – Cook a special Mother’s Day lunch at home, away from the crowds and inflated restaurant prices. There’s no need to worry about a reservation when dining at home. And be sure you do all the washing-up afterwards!
- Set a price alert – PriceGrabber.co.uk allows consumers to set a price alert (http://tiny.cc/0fhgv) that sends them an email notification when the item drops to their desired price. This is especially helpful for big-ticket Mother’s Day gifts like electronics (http://electronics.pricegrabber.co.uk/).
- Check for coupons online – PriceGrabber’s coupon category (http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/home_coupons.php) helps shoppers find increased discounts on their favorite Mother’s Day gifts by allowing them to search coupons by category.
- Gifts from the heart, not from the purse – Tell mum how much she means with a poem or heartfelt note. Print or handwrite it on elegant paper and place it in a handsome frame so she can cherish it forever.
PriceGrabber.co.uk, a part of Experian, is a leading online shopping site where smart shoppers can instantly find and compare millions of unique products and services across 20 categories with thousands of merchants. Compare products side by side to find the right retailers at the best prices within popular categories, such as Digital Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Books, TVs and more. PriceGrabber.co.uk provides shoppers with the right product from the right merchant at the best price anytime, anywhere. Visit them at http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk.
Image by mintlipgloss via Flickr.
(0) Readers Comments
November 12, 2012
October 08, 2012
September 12, 2012
July 23, 2012
June 11, 2019
April 05, 2019
April 01, 2019
March 18, 2019
Oh boy...Your right we hate to hear this. You know why people in pain
Doesn't the 1.5 billion is spent a year give credence to its possitive
Many MS drugs cause PML and deaths too these drugs all need t
I knew him when he was breaking in at a couple of Los Angeles TV stati
Saying there is a 'twist' is the worst type of spoile