I enjoyed compiling these gorgeous raccoon names. Why? I have always had a soft spot for raccoons. Bravo to you if you have just gotten yourself a new pet raccoon! Now, it’s time to care for your pet.
Understanding your raccoons’ social and nutritional needs is important. This will ensure you keep your new pet happy all day. Raccoons can make good pets with some housetraining. And they’re fun to have around the house.
We have done all the hard work for you by putting together a list of names for raccoons. You’ll find cute, good, funny, famous, and even raccoon nicknames. Check them out below.
Top 100+ Cute Raccoon Names For Your Adorable Pet Raccoon
Raccoons are cute and deserve a pretty name. It doesn’t matter what others think. Most people think otherwise, as they cannot separate raccoons from filth. But if appropriately nurtured, those associating raccoons with filth will have a change of heart.
The marked masked face makes raccoons super cute. It makes them look like comical burglars. In addition, raccoons aren’t aggressive toward humans, making them appealing. They can be adorable, sweet, and funny.
We have compiled 100+ cute raccoon names for your pet raccoons. You can go through the list and choose the name you want your raccoon to bear.
Fun Facts: Did you know raccoons have high I.Q.? In the mammal I.Q. scale, they rank close to humans. Monkeys rank directly below humans, while raccoons rank below monkeys.
Raccoons boast evolving intelligence and a unique way of thinking. They can learn from experiences and boast excellent problem-solving skills.
Top 100+ Good Raccoon Names: Memorable Names For Your Pet Raccoons
Your pet raccoons deserve an excellent name and proper care. In return, you’ll have a companion and a pet that makes you happy.
As I said before, raccoons are not aggressive towards humans. Keep that aside if that’s your primary concern. Just give your pet raccoons good raccoon names, so the bond you share with them can grow stronger.
How do you know a good raccoon name for your pet? Well, the answer is subjective. However, if you feel good whenever you mention or hear the name, then that raccoon name is good. Now, go through the list below and choose a name for your lovely pet. Be a proud mama/dada.
Fun Facts: Did you know raccoons boast great speed? Raccoons can run super fast -15 miles per hour.
The thing is, not only can raccoons run at such great speed on solid ground, but they can also do so when climbing trees up and down.
Raccoons can drop from 35 to 40 meters and remain unarmed. Furthermore, they are good swimmers who use their swimming skills to get prey or escape predators.
100+ Funny Raccoon Names:
Do you want funny raccoon names that make people laugh and crack a rib when mentioned? We have compiled some hilarious names for your pet raccoon.
Raccoons are funny creatures that enjoy doing crazy things. Besides their way of acting, their masked faces make them look comical and cute.
Giving your pet raccoon a funny name is a cute thing. It will make you laugh and forget any challenge you might be facing. So, if you want hilarious raccoon names, check the list below.
Fun Facts: Did you know raccoons were once considered for lab testing alongside monkeys and rats, but that didn’t work out? Why? The scientists lost interest because raccoons were smart and intelligent.
These animals escape from their cages to steal lab equipment and run away. So it was a waste of time using them for lab testing, given their intelligence and smartness.
- Masked Runner
- Little Rascal
- Masked Singer
- Little Musketeer
- Sly Cooper
- Lone Thief
- Pranky Pants
- Bush Grin
- Mr. Digger
- Robin Crook
- Lettuce Minty
- Mr. Strange
- Mrs. Strange
- Mr. Racoface
- Smokey, the raccoon
- Buster Brown
- Weasel Bum
- Boo Boo
- Bush Grin
- Agent 007
- Black Knight
100+ Raccoon Names Male: Even Your Friends Will Cherish These Names
Raccoons work hard and do wonders with their hands. But they like being pampered too. Understanding your pet raccoons’ nutritional and social needs is vital for the pets’ upbringing and well-being.
Your raccoon will stay healthy and active when taken care of properly. But as you give your pet proper care, choose a memorable name.
Naming your raccoon or any pet should be the first step of initiation before letting them into your property. So check out these top raccoon names and make your choice.
Fun Facts: Did you know raccoons could live anywhere? As long as there is water, raccoons will find a unique way to survive there. You’ll find them throughout the Continental U.S., except for deserts and the Rocky Mountains.
Raccoons are also present in Central America and Canada. Plus, they live in cities and the forest.
Here are some top names for male raccoons and their meanings. Have a look!
- Achilles: Here is a hero in Greek mythology whose strength was shunned during the Trojan War. An excellent name for a pet coon.
- Rick: Sounds great and begins with the same letter as raccoons “R.” The name sounds sharp and suitable for a coon. Check it out.
- Gus: Are your raccoons so energetic, curious, and adventurous? Gus will be a great moniker for it. But if you don’t like short names, consider other options on this list.
- Flash: Do you have raccoons that are always on the move? If yes, call them Flash, as in the D.C. superhero movie “Flash.” These creatures can do 15 miles per hour.
- Brandy: Brandy refers to alcoholic liquor distilled from fermented fruit juice or wine. Alcohol gets you drunk, and so will your pet raccoons literally. They will mesmerize you with their intelligence and smartness.
- Walter: This name means “commander of the army” and remains an excellent name for pet raccoons. These pets may not have an army to command, but they are intelligent and can do the unimaginable. So they are commanders in their own little way.
- Declan: The meaning is “full of goodness,” making it a great raccoon name. These creatures are full of surprises; once they come into your life, you can count on them to make great companions. In addition to being “full of goodness,” raccoons are “full of surprises.”
- Parker: Parker means park-keeper. It’s a gender-neutral name too. Are raccoons park keepers? One thing we know is that they keep their feed so well. They don’t joke with their meals.
- Ollie: Does your pet raccoon enjoy socializing? If yes, Ollie is a good name to call it.
- Whiskers: If your male raccoon has bushy whiskers, there couldn’t be a better name than Whiskers. You can rearrange the name to “Whisky” if you like.
- Edward: Do you feel lucky to own a pet raccoon and feel your pet feels the same way? Edward would be a good name for your adorable pet raccoon. This name is commonly given to those who are very lucky. Your pet coon is fortunate to have someone like you in their life.
- Joey: Here is a gender-neutral name of Hebrew and English origin. It means, “God will increase.” A good male raccoon name for religious people. It will keep reminding you that God will increase you no matter the challenges that come your way.
- Meeko: Have you ever heard the name “Meeko?” It’s common across Europe. It means someone stubborn, wild, caring, and strong. Now, look at your coon. Does it possess these traits? If yes, Meeko will make a good name for it.
- Ranger: Do you have a wild coon that enjoys roaming your lawn, nearby forest, and trees? Let it have the name “Ranger.”
- Rory: This name means “Red King” and is of Gaelic origin. Your pet coon is a king and so deserves this name.
- Jojo: This name has diverse meanings, but the one that captures my attention more is “beauty without comparison.”
- Murphy: Here is a male name and a great one for raccoons who are always playful, mischievous, and intelligent. If your coon has this personality, Murphy will make a great name.
- Ace: Is your pet coon adventurous and daring? Is your raccoon a pet that enjoys taking on new challenges? Coons generally love solving problems. They learn from experiences. But if your pet displays this ability more often, the moniker “Ace” will be a good fit.
- Lily: Here is a beautiful name that implies Purity and excellence. When appropriately trained raccoons can exhibit an incredibly high level of excellence.
- Kennedy: This name means leader, chief, and fierce. If you have two coon pets and one exhibits leadership ability, that’s the chief coon. You can name it “Kennedy.”
- Skelter: We all know what skelter is. The complete word is “helter-skelter,” and it means to run hurriedly. An ideal name for a pet raccoon that enjoys running.
- Bert: This name boasts diverse meanings. In French, it means “intelligent,” while in English, it means “bright light.” Raccoons are intelligent, so this will be a perfect name for them.
- Akela: This name means “noble” and is of Hawaiian origin.
- Bandit: If your coon can’t stop playing pranks and exploring, name it “bandit.”
- Zorro: The Spanish meaning of Zorro is “Fox,” but most people associate it more with “wolf.” The name was popular in the legendary movie “The Legend of Zorro.” The character “Zorro” is famous for his face mask, and you can see that raccoons have a similar mask. Did the writer, Johnston McCulley, have a pet raccoon that inspired him? Only he can answer this. However, Zorro is a cute name for a male raccoon.
- Cato: This name means “wise.” Are raccoons wise? Yes, they are! So, Cato is a great name to give your pet raccoon.
Other Male Raccoon Names
Top Raccoon Names Female: For Adorable Female Pet Raccoons
Female raccoons may be smaller than males, but they male adorable pets. But before adopting a raccoon as a pet, learn the dos and don’ts. Raccoons are cute and cuddly. They look soft and easygoing.
Note that this animal can be highly unpredictable. They also require a lot of room to explore. Housetraining raccoons adopted as a pet is also important. But it takes a lot of work, so you must be ready to dedicate more time and patience.
One of the things to consider when housetraining a raccoon is the name to call it. Adopt a name for your pet raccoon.
Here are impressive female names you can give your raccoons.
- Roberta: This is a female name. It means famous or sparkling fame. So name your pet raccoon “Roberta.” Who knows, it can become famous one day and make you proud.
- Rhege: This name means “area” in the Cambric language. Raccoons like to exert territorial dominance, so this will make an excellent name for your pet.
- Rose: Rose is a beautiful flower used to express love, care, and affection. We give rose flowers to the people we love and care about. Have you seen anyone give a rose flower to an enemy? Never!
- Ricky: Ricky is a gender-neutral name. It’s a great name for any gender. You can also change the spelling to “Rickey” or abbreviate it to “Rick” or even “Ric.” The choice is yours.
- Rochette: Here is a female name of French origin. It also means “little rock.” Raccoons are tough and intelligent. So, the little rock sound “Rochette” sounds like a fitting name.
- Robetta: This name means generous and humanitarian. Do raccoons fit this profile of pets? Just observe your raccoon pet before you call her “Robetta.”
- Reta: Here is another short but adorable female name you can call your female pet raccoon. It means, “Shaken.”
- Ryder: Ryder means “rider” or “horseman.” It’s a popular gender-neutral name. Does this name fit a raccoon? Can it ride a horse? Your raccoon may use its problem-solving skills to figure this out.
- Rhee: This name means someone who is lawful unto themselves. They give freely of their energy and time. They love spending time with people. Can we say this of the raccoons? Do you like to be tolerant of others? If you believe so, you can gift your raccoon the name “Rhee.”
Top Famous Raccoon Names: Make Your Pet Raccoon Famous
Here are famous raccoon names you can adopt for your pet. Go through the list and choose the one you want for your pet raccoon.
- R.J.: This name was used in the movie “Over The Edge,” a computer-animated series. Thankfully, Bruce Will played R.J. and gave us the content we all expected from a Hollywood icon.
- Sparky: A cool name from the movie “Sparky and Mikaela.”
- Lifty: Here is a popular name from the 2004 American adult animated series “Happy Tree Friends.”
- Sly: You all know where this came from, don’t you?
- Rascal: A name we can never forget. It was used in “That Darn Raccoon,” a popular Disney movie.
- Kassir: When you hear the name “Kassir,” what movie comes to mind? All I can think of is “Pocahontas.”
Adorable Raccoon Nicknames You Should Know
Are you searching for a memorable nickname to call your raccoon? Check out the names below.
- Swifty: Raccoons are super fast. These creatures can do 15 miles per hour. Isn’t that crazy speed? So, naming your pet raccoon “Swifty” makes great sense. They are swift while running on the ground or climbing a tree.
- Treasure Coon: Most people may prefer “Treasure Cat,” but “Treasure Coons” seems more fitting. You’re naming a raccoon, not a cat, by the way. Raccoons are highly unpredictable and intelligent. So this name fits like a glove.
- Meeko: This name means “small and mischievous.” Isn’t that what raccoons are?
- Bandit: You might get called out for naming your coon “bandit,” but do it for you. Let people say what they like. By the way, don’t raccoons look like bandits? Their marked mask eye gives them away as comical criminals.
- Zorro: What a cute name! Do you still remember the Legend of Zorro, the movie? Of course, you can’t forget such a great movie. The raccoon wears a mask, and Zorro does too. The only difference is the raccoon’s mask is permanent.
- Marble: If you choose this name, it should be because of the striking features you see on your coons.
- Foxy: Raccoons resemble foxes anyway, so this name is cute for them.
Raccoon names can be anything. But we urge you to choose a name that makes you feel great whenever they are mentioned.
We compiled this list to make it easier for you to pick a name for your pet raccoon. So, carefully review the list and choose a name for your adorable pet.
Finally, raccoons are incredible creatures, witty and intelligent. But before you adopt one or more as pets, ensure you’re up to the task. Learn the pros and cons of keeping a raccoon as a pet so you won’t be heartbroken. We wish you all the best!