Millions of people visit other countries to receive health care services. Medical tourism abroad is especially in demand in countries with poorly developed medicine. People travel to other countries to receive high-tech medical care, treat severe and rare diseases, and perform minimally invasive procedures. Most often, they go abroad for the treatment of cancer, cardiological and neurological diseases, and musculoskeletal pathologies.
Surgical treatment should not only save a person from the disease, but also do it in the least traumatic way. The goal of the surgeon is an operation without complications, without functional damage, with a good aesthetic outcome and a quick recovery. Therefore, many people prefer to undergo surgical treatment abroad.
The specialists from developed countries perform the following types of surgical interventions:
- Endoscopic – through the natural openings of the body
- Laparoscopic – through short incisions in the abdominal wall
- Videothoracoscopic – through short incisions in the chest
- Endovascular – through the blood vessels
- Arthroscopic – through the joint capsule punctures
- Robot-assisted – with the help of the robotic surgical system that the surgeon controls remotely
Surgical interventions are performed with minimal blood loss and minimal trauma. The treatment does not leave large scars on the body, which is especially important for women. In gynecology, foreign doctors use single-port laparoscopy, which allows the operation to be performed through one incision instead of three. Many surgical procedures can be replaced by percutaneous interventions: they are performed through a skin puncture, under the guidance of ultrasound or CT scanning.
Unique Treatment Methods Abroad
Medical facilities abroad offer high-tech procedures. These are not only operations, but also minimally invasive interventions, as well as non-invasive manipulations. Doctors use the following methods:
- Deep brain stimulation for neurological disorders
- Stem cell transplantation for hemoblastosis, severe autoimmune pathologies
- The very latest modifications of radiation therapy, including proton therapy and intraoperative radiation therapy
- Laser procedures for the treatment of eye diseases
- Reproductive technologies for infertility
- Stem cells in the treatment of oncological, orthopedic and neurological disorders
- High-intensity focused ultrasound
- Radiotargeted therapy for cancer
How To Go Abroad For Treatment
In developed countries, treatment provides better results with less risk of complications, less traumatization of healthy tissues, with a quick and full recovery. The advantages of treatment abroad are as follows:
- Well-equipped clinics
- Highly trained doctors
- Availability of innovative treatment methods
- Specialized centers dealing with the treatment of rare diseases
- Treatment provided according to international protocols and adapted to a specific clinical case
- Successful and safe treatment of children with congenital malformations, oncological and other diseases
- Full care, adequate pain relief and symptomatic treatment, early rehabilitation
To undergo diagnosis and treatment of diseases abroad, you are welcome to use the help of the Booking Health company. On bookinghealth.com you can compare the costs for surgical interventions and other procedures in top-rated hospitals and book a program at a good price. The Booking Health staff will select for you the best hospital specializing in the treatment of your disease and take care of the organization of treatment abroad.